To make the Ride around the Bear a pleasurable experience for all please read and understand the following suggestions:
1. Please check in at the start-finish line when starting and finishing the ride. We are tracking the riders by computer and will be able to tell who is on the course. This system works only if you check in and out.
2. Place your rider label on the left side (car side) of your helmet.
3. Place your wristband on your left wrist. To obtain service at the rest stops you must have your rider label and wristband visible. This also helps sag support to identify you easily. Your wristband is your ticket for the post ride meal. No wristband no meal.
4. For safety reasons, please ride as far to the right of the road as practical.
5. Please obey all traffic laws; the CHP will be patrolling the course.
6. When overtaking a slower rider, please let them know that you are behind them and getting ready to pass. The best way to do this is to call out "passing on your left" prior to passing the other rider. Do not pass on blind curves!
7. The Ride Around the Bear Course closes at 3:30 PM. To ensure finishing the ride we recommend that you start as early as possible. The start-finish line will open at 5:30 AM.
8. Rest stop closing times are posted on the route slip. Please keep up your pace to make sure that you get to each rest stop before the closing time. If you fall behind our sag drivers will take you to the next rest stop so you can continue riding. If you refuse to take a ride forward the sag driver will take your wristband and you are then on your own.
Please remember we are sharing the road with cars and trucks that are not familiar with seeing cyclists riding in this area.
Have a safe and fun ride.
The Ride around the Bear Staff